***MEDIA ADVISORY*** – “Alaska’s Path to a Prosperous Future” Webinar Jan. 27
ANCHORAGE, AK (Jan. 21) – A visionary panel of some of Alaska’s most innovative economic leaders will share concrete examples of how they’re building resilient, equitable, and sustainable economic initiatives across our state. Regenerative economic activity is already happening in diverse economic sectors across Alaska. We want to garner support for these efforts so they can continue to expand and grow more jobs that renew and restore people and the planet.
When: January 27, 2022, from 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Alaska Time
Where: Remote via Zoom. RSVP here.
Who: Speakers and topics include:
- Mark Foster, MAFA Energy Consulting, and Erin Mckittrick, Local Utility Board member, presentation: “Alaska’s Renewable Energy Future”
- Mary Goddard, Regional Catalyst at Allen Marine, presentation: “Alaska as a Global Leader in Regenerative Tourism”
- Skye Steritz, Kelp Farmer at Noble Ocean Farms, presentation: “Building Grassroots Mariculture Community in Alaska”
- Robbi Mixon, The Alaska Food Hub and the Alaska Food Policy Council, presentation: “Local Foods for Security and Food Sovereignty”
- Paul Fuhs, former Alaska Commissioner of Commerce and Economic Development, former Mayor of Dutch Harbor, presentation: “Producing Green hydrogen fuel with renewable energy”
- Brittany Woods-Orrisson, AKPIRG and Native Movement, presentation: “Expanding Broadband Internet Across Alaska”
- Ryan Andrew, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) 1547 Assistant Business Manager, presentation: “Workforce Development and Renewable Energy Solutions”
- Facilitators: Margi Dashevsky, Fairbanks Climate Action Coalition, and Ruth Miller, Native Movement
Co-hosted by the Alaska Climate Alliance, AKv3, First Entrepreneur Alaska, Alaska Solar Energy Industry Association, Arctic Solar Ventures, Native Movement, Pacific Environment, Alaska Longline Fishermen’s Association, Alaska Conservation Foundation, Alaska Farmers’ Market Association, Alaska Pacific University, Buy Alaska, and Trout Unlimited Alaska.
For more information or to set-up interviews please contact: Gwen Dobbs, Senior Communications Manager, 202-329-9295, [email protected]
Pacific Environment is a global environmental organization that protects communities and wildlife of the Pacific Rim. We support community leaders to fight climate change, protect the oceans, build just societies, and move away from fossil fuels toward a green economy.