June 15, 2018
Pacific Environment respects and is committed to maintaining the privacy of those who visit our website pacificenvironment.org.
Pacific Environment is the sole owner of the information collected on this website. Pacific Environment does not sell or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
Pacific Environment collects information from site visitors at several different points on this website. We collect only the domain name, but not the e-mail address, of visitors to our website, aggregate information on what pages visitors access, and information volunteered by the visitor (such as e-mail and other addresses and other personal information).
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our website, to notify visitors about updates to our website, and alert visitors about issues and opportunities. The information is not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes.
Pacific Environment uses a secure third party vendor, Action Network, to collect and store personal information and to process donations, to manage online petitions, and to send email updates. All personal information is stored on a secure server with password protection.
Pacific Environment does not sell a donor’s personal information, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.
Visitors under the age of 13 (US) or 16 (EU & elsewhere), please ask your parent/guardian for their consent before submitting your personal information to this site. If you are a parent and believe your child is receiving Pacific Environment communications and you don’t want them to, or if you believe we are collecting your child’s personal information, please contact us by writing to [email protected].
The data we collect from donors is used to verify the donor’s identity and to complete the requested transaction. We also use a donor’s phone number and/or email address to contact a donor if there is a problem with the transaction, and we use a donor’s email address to confirm a donation. This information is necessary to fulfill a donation transaction.
The personal financial information we collect and control to conduct financial transactions is kept private and secure and is not sold, rented or traded to third parties.
To the extent allowed by law, we collect, retain and use a donor’s name, email address, phone number, address and any other personally identifiable information provided voluntarily. We use this information to keep supporters up to date on Pacific Environment’s critical work, including news from the field, action alerts, fundraising appeals and other ways donors can help support us.
Pacific Environment may use service providers (such as Action Network and merchant banks and ecommerce integrators) for the express purpose of conducting financial transactions. It is important to note that credit card numbers are used only at the time of the transaction, and are not stored following the conclusion of the transaction unless a transaction is selected that occurs on a regular basis. For transactions that recur, credit card information is stored in an encrypted format.
Donations to Pacific Environment are refundable within 30 days upon written request. If you would like to have your donation refunded, please contact Pacific Environment’s Advancement Department by writing to [email protected].
We also keep copies of action alerts site visitors send to policy and/or decision makers, which we may quote and publish on our website and which are identified by the author’s initials and/or city/state. This helps advance our advocacy objectives and efforts.
AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION
Similar to most websites, certain kinds of information are automatically or passively collected, retained and used of those who visit our website pacificenvironment.org.
- Log Data. When a visitor views or uses any website, including our website, the browser or mobile device creates certain information, which is logged. Log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, searches, browser and system type and settings, the date and time a visitor used the website, how a visitor used the website, cookie data, and device data. We use third parties to collect, retain, evaluate and make available to us this information when a visitor visits our website. We use this information to maintain and monitor the website, including its availability, functionality, speed and security to make the website more user-friendly and to improve user experience.
We also use and share aggregated information about our website’s visitors. Aggregated information does not identify any particular individual and is used for analysis, fundraising, advertising and our other legitimate purposes. For example, we collect, retain and use advocacy-alert information to evaluate and report on the outcome of our action alerts, but personally identifiable information is depersonalized so that it is not identifiable.
Pacific Environment provides links to other websites. Pacific Environment is not responsible for other websites’ content, cookies policies or privacy policies. Site visitors are encouraged to be aware when they leave pacificenvironment.org and to read the privacy statements of these other websites, which may collect your personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by pacificenvironment.org.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We keep visitor information as long as necessary to accomplish the uses described in this Policy. When we no longer need to use a visitor’s information and there is no requirement that we keep it, we will either delete or depersonalize it so visitors cannot be identified.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have choices about your data and how we collect, use or disclose it. We want to send you only the communications to which you have agreed. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- If you would like to opt out of postal or email communications from Pacific Environment, please contact us by mail, phone or email: Pacific Environment
473 Pine Street, Third Floor
San Francisco, CA 94104
- If you wish to opt out of having your name and address shared with other organizations, please contact us at the mail address, phone number, or email address above.
- Request we share with you the information we have collected about you. This will take about 30 days;
- Request we correct or delete your information;
- Object to the processing of your information; or
- Request we send the information we have collected about you to other organizations.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Please check back at our website periodically. We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do, we will post any changes on this page. If you continue to use our website after changes go into effect, you agree to the new policy.
If the changes are significant, we may provide a more prominent notice or ask for your consent, if required by law.
- Regarding this policy statement,
- The practices of this site,
- If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy,
- Or to review or request changes to your contact information,
You may contact us at:
473 Pine Street, Third Floor
San Francisco, CA 94104