Communications Assistant (Full-Time Position)
Pacific Environment seeks to protect communities and wildlife of the Pacific Rim. We support community leaders to fight climate change, protect the oceans, build just societies, and move away from fossil fuels and plastic pollution toward a green economy. Learn more at www.pacificenvironment.org.
The Communications Assistant will provide critical support to a growing Communications team. You will provide administrative support, and support the organization’s marketing and communications efforts across mediums. The ideal candidate is a team player who has experience in content development and nonprofit or campaign communications, and demonstrates a strong commitment to Pacific Environment’s mission.
You will report to Pacific Environment’s Senior Communications Manager.
Location and Travel
Pacific Environment staff currently work from home. Greater San Francisco Bay Area local applicants and California residents are preferred. This position requires working West Coast Time Zone hours, and potentially some evenings or weekends. Some travel to the Bay Area may be required if the successful candidate is based outside the greater San Francisco Bay Area. The position may also involve some other travel.
- Provide support to the communications team, including but not limited to:
- Basic website management.
- Calendar and campaign timeline management.
- Metrics and project tracking.
- Database management (contacts, images, articles, etc.).
- Coordinating with vendors on pricing, contracts, timelines, and specifications.
- Assisting with photo research for materials, graphic design, and social media.
- Support website and social media maintenance and posting.
- Assist with media outreach and list building, press events, and on-the-ground events as necessary.
- Help draft content as necessary, including for newsletters, blog posts, social and earned media, and more.
- Assist with vendor coordination and gathering information (cost, deadlines, specifications) for paid media pushes.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- At least one year of relevant communications experience; experience in nonprofit or campaign communications a plus.
- Experience with website and social media maintenance and posting, including Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn a plus
- Experience developing written and digital content, and working knowledge of Action Network, WordPress, Microsoft Office Suite, Drobox, and Canva. Experience with Associated Press Stylebook, Hootsuite, Cision, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar platforms a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience with media relations a plus.
- Experience and expertise in environmental/climate issues a plus.
Relevant experience for this position can take many forms, and we strongly encourage applicants from a diversity of backgrounds.
Compensation and Benefits
Pacific Environment provides compensation commensurate with experience and equitable with others on our team, plus a full benefits package for staff positions. The salary range for this position is $52,000-$64,000, which is carefully considered to account for equity, and the final offer will be based on candidate’s qualifications. The employee will enjoy a flexible working environment with a dedicated, diverse group of colleagues.
The Communications Assistant work involves remaining in a stationary position and looking at a computer for long stretches of time, communicating with co-workers electronically, and occasional travel (including overnight travel), in-person meetings, or events. The ideal candidate must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Pacific Environment has an organization-wide policy that staff must be vaccinated against Covid-19.
Click here to apply: https://jobs.lever.co/pacific-environment/8d42ffd4-195e-4ea2-86ef-59e65e0399b9
Applications encouraged by March 15, 2023. The position will remain open until filled, and we encourage even late applications.
Pacific Environment is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from communities harmed by environmental degradation and from backgrounds underrepresented in the environmental movement to apply. We welcome diversity to do our best work and believe that creating teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to the change we seek.
No phone calls, please.