We’re looking for a part-time Advancement Associate to work a regular schedule of 20 hours per week in our San Francisco HQ office. The Advancement Associate serves as a key team member and an active participant in fundraising and communications goals. Located in San Francisco, the Advancement Associate reports to the Advancement Director. This position is well-suited for anyone who is interested in social and environmental justice, conservation, and international development, hopes to gain exceptional work experience in a busy work environment, and understands that effective fundraising and communications are critical to the success of any nonprofit.
(Percentages are approximate. Job duties may be modified and other duties may be assigned.)
- Assist in writing, editing, proofing, preparing, and submitting grant reports, letters of inquiry, and proposals
- Research new funding prospects and support all efforts to identify, cultivate, and steward new and existing foundations and individual donors
- Manage Salesforce donor database; enter and update data; continually maximize functionality
- Process all donations and gift acknowledgements
- Assist in production and distribution of appeal mailings and other materials
- Participate in combined giving programs (e.g., EarthShare)
- Promote existing third-party donation programs (e.g., AmazonSmile, etc.) and seek opportunities to add new programs
- Research and identify opportunities to secure additional revenue, including peer-to-peer fundraising initiatives, corporate giving, etc
- Work with staff to identify opportunities to engage supporters via social channels, blog, website
- Assist with development and implementation of digital advocacy campaigns, including opportunities for collaborative campaigns with allied organizations to promote list growth
- Manage and grow presence on social networks like Facebook and Twitter; create copy, photography, and videos
- Identify and cultivate relationships with social media influencers
- Assist with producing content for website, blog, and supporter communications, including copy, photography, and videos
- Maintain website, including update pages and coordinate new content with program staff
- Manage and continually update a large repository of images, videos, and audio
- Help develop and maintain metrics to measure success of communications initiatives and make recommendations for improvement
- Monitor Google Ad campaigns, collect and use data to inform new campaigns and evaluate performance of existing campaigns
- Manage and train interns as needed
- BA/BS, or Associate’s Degree in related field, or a combination of at least 2 years relevant experience and related education
- Previous work experience, particularly with environmental and social change organizations, a plus
- Positive, can-do attitude and personal integrity
- Skilled in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Experience with WordPress strongly preferred
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems strongly preferred
- Experience using Action Network a plus
- Experience with HTML a plus
- Knowledge of social media management tools
- Knowledge of best practices for online organizing, websites, social media, and blogging
- Comfortable editing documents, drafting communications, and conducting phone outreach
- Demonstrated excellent English writing skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality of work product
- Curiosity and ability to problem-solve without direction
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Dropbox
- A part-time schedule (20 hours per week)
- Prorated vacation and sick leave
- A 403b plan with matching employer contribution
- A supportive, team-based environment
- A chance to work with talented, mission-driven, passionate professionals
- An organization that offers work/lifestyle balance
How to apply:
- Please send to [email protected] the following: (a) a cover letter describing your qualifications and why you are a match for this position; (b) your resume; (c) references; (d) and your salary history.
- In a separate document, please answer these two questions in 50–150 words each: “Why are you applying for a part-time position and what is your interest in full-time employment?” and “How could Pacific Environment improve its website?”
- Please include “Advancement Associate” in your email subject header.
- Timing: This position will remain open until filled. All applications received by August 1, 2017, will be reviewed.
About Pacific Environment
Pacific Environment seeks to protect the communities and biodiversity of the Pacific Rim by strengthening local leadership and championing social justice in Russia, China, Alaska and the Arctic, and elsewhere. With a 30-year record of achievement and a team of 12, we partner extensively with groups in other countries and focus on marine, energy and climate, pollution, and wildlife and watershed protection.
Pacific Environment values diversity. Pacific Environment is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, class, sex, creed, ethnicity, race, national origin, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, gender expression, and veteran status.
No phone calls, please.